Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!

I mentioned last week that we received our second Subaru legacy.  We were going to head to town in the old Legacy when Denise noticed damage on the back bumper of the new car.


We were a bit disappointed with the shipping company, Blue Ocean Transport so I sent some photos to them in an email.   A short time later I received a call from them and we had a conversation about the damage.  He explained that the checklist from the transport company they hired to deliver the car from Vancouver Washington to Florida had the damage indicated on the sheet I signed.  

They forwarded me their copy and sure enough it had the damage indicated.  The first thing I noticed was the light grey writing on all the tiny scratches they pointed out when they did the inspection, but the dark grey mark indicating the new dent stood out.  

You'd think that if the damage was there, and with the dark writing on the one above that you'd at least see some imprint on my bottom carbon copy in the picture below.  Scum bags damaged our car then marked up the paperwork later.  I guess the driver forgot that I was taking pictures of the car as he was inspecting it, and after he loaded it onto the trailer.   

Here he is inspecting the back panel in the Target parking lot.  

And here's his reflection in the back passenger window as I moved around to the back to get more pictures.  Hmmmm, no dent on the bumper.  Blue Ocean's off the hook and we'll see what they come up with, and the response from United Transport Van Lines when they see the document and the pictures I sent.  

We didn't let the dent spoil our day.  We went snorkeling on Sunday and went to a party at the Leatherback Brewing Company on Monday.  I couldn't drink the beer since I have celiac but we had some decent Sorrel, burgers and sausages.  I snapped this surprise picture of Denise as she was eating Cheetos.  We had a good time at the brewery, had dinner at Off The Wall later and had a nice walk along the beach at sunset.  

Kevin & Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment