Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Container is full!

It's official!

As of an hour ago the container is officially full. 
I'll contact the shipping company in the morning and start the process of loading the container on a chassis, trucking it to Seattle, and have it head east to New York to catch the boat south. 

It was a weird feeling a few weeks ago to leave work without our badges, computers and all the associated stuff we used on a daily basis.  The weird thing today is being in this empty house without any of my tools to do simple tasks.  The container's closed, locked and all my tools are inside.  Good thing I have awesome friends and neighbors if I need anything in the last few weeks. 

4 comments:

  1. Finally a blog! We will follow your moving to St.Croix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rudi & Marina. When I created this blog I didn't realize there was a comments section. We're having fun on our adventure.

      Delete
  2. You will be living like minamilists for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have an empty house with a few office chairs, a borrowed card table and an air mattress. The few remaining cups, dishes and cooking supplies will be donated when we leave. The house is a big echo chamber without furniture. One week to go.

      Delete